I am Tiffani Bertram, your GEAR UP Academic Specialist!
GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) is a 7 year federal grant managed through Berea College. My cohort of students include all 7th and 8th graders and I will be following these students all the way through their senior year of high school! I will act as a resource for academics and college planning for not only the students - but for their families as well.
The emphasis is on academic success, college and career preparation, and building a college-prep atmosphere within the school.
Here are some goals I will be working toward with the students:
- Increased academic performance to reach the benchmark on state tests.
- Graduation of high school academically and personally prepared to succeed in college.
- Successful enrollment and performance in college that leads to a work-ready career.
I also look forward to working with the families to plan for your child's future after high school. I will offer opportunities for you to learn about:
- The different types of education after high school.
- The different types of colleges, degrees, and trainings available.
- The different costs of colleges.
You are welcome to stop by the school and visit with me anytime!