(ATTN: 18 year old students)
Printed forms are available in the Wayne County Counselor's office.
You can also print out (Page 1 only) and complete the voter registration in blue or black ink.
You may bring the completed form to the counselor's office and we will be happy to take it to the Clerk's Office for you.
You can also deliver it yourself to the County Clerk's Office on the first floor of the Court House.
Instructions for completing a voter registration card:
- Complete in blue or black ink.
- Print legibily.
- Answer Yes or No to questions A and B, located on the top of the voter registration card. If you answer no in response to either question, do not complete the voter registration card because you are not eligible to register to vote.
- Check the appropriate reason box on the left side of the voter registration card that applies to your request: New registration, address change, party change, and name change.
- Leave the following sections blank: precinct code, precinct name, town, and other code. These sections are to be completed by your county clerk.
- Fill out your correct Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Work Phone, Home Phone, Gender, Last Name, First Name, and Middle Name. If this applies to you, remember to indicate the correct suffix (Jr., Sr., II, III, etc.). Your Social Security Number will not be released to the public.
- Fill out your residential address where you live.
- Fill out the address where you receive your mail if it is different from the residential address where you live.
- Fill in one of the boxes to select a party registration (Democratic Party, Republican Party, and Other)
- If you check “Other”, please write in the name of your chosen entity. You may choose, Constitution, Green, Libertarian, Reform, Socialist Workers, independent status, or something else of your choice.
- If you choose “Other”, you are eligible to vote only for nonpartisan offices in any primary election. You may, however, vote for any candidate of your choice in all general and special elections.