Wayne County Child Nutrition Services providing meals for youth 18-years-old or younger
Middle School Cooks (l-r:) Sheila Lowe and Melinda Bertram show off lunches for students to pick up
Middle School Food Service Manager Lisa Kammer replenishing the packaged apple slices which are part of the meal.
Bell Elementary second grader Ja'kylah Green picked up a meal at the middle school cafeteria
Meals for Pick up
- Meals are available for pickup from 11:00 am – 12:30 at Wayne County Middle School cafeteria
- They will enter through the back hallway door pick up a meal and then exit out the side cafeteria door
- Meals are available for anyone 18 years of age and under
- Children must be present to pick up the meals
- Children will receive a shelf stable breakfast for the next morning with their current lunch meal.
- Any questions regarding pick up meals, call 606-340-3848 and dial “4” at the prompt.
Unable to pick up meals at the cafeteria, you may sign up for home delivered meals.
- These are only available to those children 18 years and younger who are unable to come into the cafeteria to pick up meals!
- Call a student’s school front office to sign up for meals to be delivered.
- Begins Thursday March 19th. Deliveries will be Monday through Friday.
- Meals will not be delivered during spring break week of March 30-April 3rd.
- They will ask for the following:
- Phone number
- # Children 18 years and older that needs meals.
- You do not have to call each student’s school, just one school and they will take your information.
- Meals sent are not appropriate for children under 2 years old.
- The address given will be placed on a delivery route. Please allow at least 1-2 days to get them on a route. We are trying to set up staff to call the day before to let you know when the meal(s) will be delivered.
Day of Delivery
- The bus will arrive between 10:30 am and 12:30 pm. Please be watching for it. After the first day, you should have a better idea of when they will arrive.
- Parent/guardian will need to sign a consent verifying they are unable to pick up meals for the child at the Middle School Cafeteria in order to qualify for the meals at the first delivery.
- Children must come out to the bus to pick up their meal. Staff will need to see each child.
- If no one comes out to the bus, the bus driver will honk 2 times. If no one comes out, they will move on to the next route. We will be unable to come back to that delivery that day.
- Each child will receive a lunch and a shelf stable breakfast for the next day.
Other Delivery information
Please call 606-340-3848 and dial “4” at the prompt in the following situations:
- If no one will be home during the delivery time
- If meals are increasing or decreasing for children 18 years or younger
- At any time, that delivery needs change
- If you have any questions