ALL High School Juniors taking ACT exam…Wayne County students can study now!
Wayne County High School Juniors will join all Kentucky public school 11th graders taking the ACT on March 8th.
WCHS Media Specialist Carol Ford has been reminding these students that they can practice for it online for FREE through the school library’s subscription to the Kentucky Virtual Library. An Admissions Test Prep section is available to all Wayne County High School students through the Learning Express Database. Follow the link on the school web page to the KYVL Kentucky Virtual Library. From there, under databases, select Learning Express. Then create your account ( if you haven't already done so in your Junior English Class) and you can begin practicing the ACT, as well as other college admissions tests.
All WCHS students in Junior English classes in person, have been shown this online practice exam. Please contact Carol Ford for more information.
- On Monday, March 7th, the juniors will have the traditional “Pancake Breakfast” sponsored by the Lions Club. Teacher Liz McClain has contacted several of our local officials, and they will be here to serve breakfast to our juniors. This will take place in Teacher Shannon Foster’s “Foods Lab” during 1st period and possibly 2nd period.
- On Tuesday, March 8th, the English / Library hallway will be blocked off, and those classrooms will be used for ACT testing. A few other classrooms may be used here and there for students who have individual / accommodations testing. Posters will be printed and placed at the end of each hallway so students will know where to go for testing.
- Audra Branscum will be working with Teacher Sandra Baker to have activities for the seniors and underclassmen that day. Those three grades will likely go to the gymnasium and Turner Cafeteria that morning.
- Breakfast on ACT Day: There will be no grab & go breakfast in between classes that day. Students in grades 9, 10, and 12 will need to get breakfast from one of the breakfast carts when they come in to school that morning. Juniors will be provided a breakfast sandwich during their break (after their 2nd test).
- After the ACT test, the juniors will report to the auditorium for pizza and hot dogs.