Kendra Roark, Coordinator
200 Kenny Davis Blvd.
Monticello, Ky 42633
What is it?
Mission is to enhance students' abilities to succeed in school by developing and sustaining partnerships that promote:
- Early learning and successful transition into school
- Academic achievement and well-being
- Graduation and transition into adult life
What kind of services can the Youth Services Center offer Wayne County students?
- Referral to Health and Social Services
- Employment Counseling, Training & Placement
- Summer and Part-Time Job Development
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counseling
- Family Crisis and Mental Health Counseling
- Dropout Prevention
- Parenting Support
- Basic Needs Assistance/Referrals
- Conflict Resolution
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Educational Support & Enrichment
- Community Service/Service Learning
What are some other specific services?
- Referrals to school nurse or other appropriate medical needs
- Support students with social and/or relationship issues
- Discuss dating relationship issues with students
- Home visits with guardians to see if assistance is needed
- Clothing for low income families or homes that burn down
- Job Corp Opportunities
- Help students to resolve conflict issues with other students, teachers, and relatives
- Assist with getting mental and drug counseling for students
- Freshman Orientation and Mentoring
- Assist with pregnancy and abstinence issues
- Involved with community projects
- Drug awareness & prevention activities
How does the YSC know that a student needs some kind of assistance?
Referrals are sometimes done by email, phone calls or a visit to the YSC office.
A student can refer him/herself to YSC, a parent can make the contact, a staff member or someone in the community may contact the YSC to assist a student and/or the family of a student.
Often a student will need services and ask for staff permission to see the coordinator. If the coordinator is not available at that specific time, the school's front office can contact her.
Which students can get services at YSC & how can it be reached?
Any student in grade levels 7 - 12. Personal information may be needed by the student and family members in order to best serve the student. Some of the information that a person gives may need verification from other community sources. Not all cases are handled the same. There is an YSC office at the Wayne County High School in room 154. The second office is in the Wayne County Middle School in room 041. Times will be posted on availability in each building.
Kendra Roark is the YSC Coordinator
WCHS phone is 348-3479 or 348-5575
WCMS phone is 348-6691
Hours: 7:45am-3:45pm M-F, after hour appointments can be made upon request
Is information shared with the coordinator confidential?
ABSOLUTELY! Although, if the coordinator feels a student may be harmful to themselves or someone else, appropriate action will be taken.
PLEASE keep in mind that the Wayne County Youth Services Center is available to help students, not to discipline or get them in trouble. If the YSC cannot help with a particular case, then the YSC will assist in getting the help from another source.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call, email or come by the office.